Tuesday 19 July 2011

Today’s Experiment: #001-’Gypsy’




For your veiwing pleasure, I submit today's experiment: It's a lighter-than-air little masterpiece using, as always, vintage fabrics and vintage inspiration. A collection based on 1950's and 60's science fiction/space movies, called 'Gypsy', in homage to the character of the same name from one of the funniest TV shows ever made, Mystery Science Theater 3000.


To illustrate the filmy, fluid texture of the gauzy, silky fabrics, I muddled and blurred the watercolour together. The effect is an almost dreamlike vision of the space age. The colours themselves are based on those commonly used in fabric patterns of the 1950's atomic era. Some of these patterns and artwork can be seen in the 'moons' present in the illustrations.

So, without further blabber from me, I present todays experiment. I hope, after viewing it, you all want to go get out your ray guns and space helmets...




















I hope you like it, my sparkley little diamonds!
DollyBird

No comments:

Post a Comment